Wat Sri Chum was built in 1890 during the reign of King Rama V by rich Burmese Jong Taka U Yo, his son-in-law, U Mong Yee and his mother-in-law, Pom Boriboon. There is a teak wood hall and specific roofs of Burmese art.
The temple also consists of a Mon-Burmese-style golden chedi containing the Buddha's relics brought from Myanmar in 1906. According to the story, before the rich Burmese built this temple, the area was occupied by a small temple with a pavilion and a Bodhi tree.
The Wat Sri Chum was announced as a historic site by the Thai Fine Arts Department in 1981. In 1992, the old Vihara was unfortunately burned and rebuilt under the same architectural style but most decorations and statues were lost.