Wat Phra That Chae Haeng is located 4 km outside nan city. Temple of the 14th century, it is located on a small hill at the east of the city and is named Phra That Chae Haeng from its golden chedi containing a Buddha relic. It is the most sacred temple in the province.
Wat Phra That Chae The Haeng was founded in 1355. The temple complex structures show a mixture of several architectural styles, including Lanna and Thai Lü. The staircase leading to the temple is in Naga shape. The oldest structure is probably the 55 m high spiral chedi rebuilt in 1454
enclosed in a square which also houses a cloister wiharn the chedi. The temple also houses a white chedi and a small hall with a reclining Buddha.