The Sanam Chan Palace is a structure looking like a tiny French and English styles castle but with adaptations for the Thai climate. Rama VI ordered its construction when he was crown prince. The palace consists of five buildings and a shrine dedicated to Ganesh. Its construction lasted from 1907 to 1911.
Sanam Chan Palace is located about 2 km west of Phra Pathom Chedi
and covers an area of approximately 355 hectares. It consists of the following: Piman Pathom Hall, Watcharee
Rommaya Hall, The Charli Mongkol Asna building, The Marie Raja Rata Ballang building, The Tabkaew Hall, The Tabkwan Hall, Ruen Tabcharoen, The monument of King Rama VI, Sri Chand Nam.