Right next to the morning market, Wat Hua Wiang temple was built in 1863. In Shan and Burmese style, it is the second oldest temple built in the Province of Mae Hong Son. Its viharn is an impressive wooden roof structure whose edges are adorned with decorative motifs made from sheets of metal. Wat Hua Wiang is especially famous for its beautiful bronze Buddha statue. Called Phra Chao Phala Lakhaeng, it is highly revered and was cast in 1930 in Mandalay, Burma, before being brought here in nine parts and being assembled in 1937. The statue is a replica of Phra Mahamuni in Mandalay.
Besides the building housing the bronze Buddha, the temple consists of two others buildings and a white and gold chedi.