Here is the recipe for stir fried pork with basil and chilli. A very popualr thai dish that you can find very often at street food restaurant in Thailand. It is quite spicy but you can ask a “mai sai pik” version.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 7 cloves of garlic, crushed
- small green peppers halved lengthwise (quantity according to your taste )
- 500 g pork, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 large handfuls of Thai basil leaves (more spicy than western basil)
Cook rice for 4 people
To prepare the pork, heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add garlic and chilies and let them color while stirring, then add the pork. Cook 5 minutes while stirring regularly. Lower the heat and cover the wok to keep it hot.
Meanwhile, prepare 4 fried eggs.
Get back to the preparation of the pork. Remove the lid of the wok. Season with oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce. Then add the sugar and basil leaves. Cook until the basil leaves soften.
To serve, place rice on each plate, add the pork and finally put the fried egg on the top.
Find more thai recipes in our Thai cooking videos section.